Statistics tell us that pastors don’t take great care of their bodies. However, if we are to remain effective for the long-haul, we must pay careful attention to taking good care of our bodies.
Answer these 8 questions and determine how well you are caring for your body.
- Am I keeping my body weight at a reasonable level? Calculate your body mass index here?
- Do I regularly exercise (3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes)?
- Would others say I manage my stress well?
- Do I do some fun things outside of ministry?
- Do I take a full day off each week?
- Do I avoid guilt feelings when I take my day off?
- Do I take a real vacation each year?
- Am I able to disconnect from the phone, email, and computer for several hours at a time?
How did you do?
If you answered ‘no’ to any of these questions, what should be your next step to take better care of yourself?
1 thought on “8-Point Checklist for Pastoral Body Care”
Pingback: 8-Point Checklist for Pastoral Body Care – NRH☩