Charles & Sherryl Stone
Both my wife Sherryl and I have a heart for pastors and pastors’ wives. We’ve taught hundreds of pastors and their wives in the United States, Canada, Nicaragua, Colombia, Haiti, Cuba, and Mexico.
I served in pastoral ministry for over 43 years as Lead Pastor, a Teaching Pastor, an Associate Pastor, and as a Church Planter.
I earned an engineering degree from Georgia Tech, a Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and a Doctorate of Ministry from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, and a PhD from Columbia Biblical Seminary in South Carolina. I’ve also earned an executive masters in the neuroscience of leadership from The Neuroleadership Institute, a post-baccalaureate certificate in Therapeutic Models of Mindfulness from Wilfred Laurier University and have completed a graduate certificate in Mind, Brain, and Teaching from Johns Hopkins University.
I’ve been professionally trained in these areas by these organizations:
- Professional coaching through the Professional Christian Coaching Institute (ACC certified under the International Coaching Federation)
- Strategic Planning through Ministry Advantage (certified)
- Vision Clarity through the Church Unique Process with Auxano (certified)
- Conflict Management through Peacemakers
- Brain-Based Leadership through the Neuroleadership Institute and the Academy of Brain-Based Leadership
- Psychological Safety: certified by the Academy of Brain-Based Leadership to teach resilience and administer the SAFETY™ profile (psychological safety for teams)
- Stress Resilience Training: Certified by The Grit Institute and Driven to teach Stress Resilience and administer the PR-6 resilience inventory
- Certified in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (two certificates)
- Sleep coaching: Level 1 Certified Coach in Sleep, Stress Management, and Recovery by Precision Nutrition
I’m the author of seven books:
- If Jesus Gave a TED Talk (Freiling Publishing 2021)
- Every Pastor’s First 180 Days: How to Start and Stay Strong in a New Church Role (Equip Press, 2019)
- Holy Noticing: The Bible, Your Brain, and the Mindful Space Between Moments (Moody, 2019)
- Brain-Savvy Leadership: The Science of Significant Ministry (Abingdon, 2015)
- People Pleasing Pastors: Avoiding Pitfalls of Approval Motivated Leadership (Inter-Varsity Press, January 2014)
- 5 Ministry Killers and How to Defeat Them (Bethany House, 2010),
- Daughters Gone Wild – Dads Gone Crazy (W Publishing/Thomas Nelson, 2007)
I enjoy reading about neuroscience and going to the movies with Sherryl, my wife of over 43 years (I always get the jumbo bag of popcorn with a free refill). We have three grown children; Heather, Joshua (who is married to Deborah), and Tiffany. We also enjoy our four grandchildren, Judah, Rebecca, Hannah, and Micah.
One canine, Sammy, also makes his home with us in Laurel, MS.