Charles & Sherryl Stone
Both my wife Sherryl and I have a heart for pastors and pastors’ wives. We’ve taught hundreds of pastors and their wives in the United States, Canada, Nicaragua, Colombia, Haiti, Cuba, and Mexico.
I’ve been a pastor for 40 years serving as Lead Pastor, a Teaching Pastor, an Associate Pastor, and as a Church Planter.
I earned an engineering degree from Georgia Tech, a Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and a Doctorate of Ministry from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. My most recent degree is an executive masters in the neuroscience of leadership from The Neuroleadership Institute. I’m completing a post-baccalaureate certificate in Therapeutic Models of Mindfulness from Wilfred Laurier University and a graduate certificate in Mind, Brain, and Teaching from Johns Hopkins University.
I’ve been professionally trained in these areas by these organizations:
- Professional coaching through the Professional Christian Coaching Institute (ACC certified under the International Coaching Federation)
- Strategic Planning through Ministry Advantage (certified)
- Vision Clarity through the Church Unique Process with Auxano (certified)
- Conflict Management through Peacemakers
- Brain Based Leadership through the Neuroleadership Institute and the Academy of Brain-Based Leadership
I’m the author of 6 books.
- Every Pastor’s First 180 Days: How to Start and Stay Strong in a New Church Role (Equip Press, 2019)
- Holy Noticing: The Bible, Your Brain, and the Mindful Space Between Moments (Moody, 2019)
- Brain-Savvy Leadership: the Science of Significant Ministry (Abingdon, 2015)
- People Pleasing Pastors: Avoiding Pitfalls of Approval Motivated Leadership (Inter-Varsity Press, January 2014)
- 5 Ministry Killers and How to Defeat Them (Bethany House, 2010),
- Daughters Gone Wild – Dads Gone Crazy (W Publishing/Thomas Nelson, 2007)
I enjoy reading about neuroscience and going to the movies with Sherryl, my wife of 39 years (I always gets the jumbo bag of popcorn with a free refill). We have three grown children; Heather, Joshua (who is married to Deborah) and Tiffany. We also enjoy our three grandchildren, Judah, Rebecca, and Hannah.
One canine, Sammy, also makes his home with us in London, Ontario.