I’m a busy pastor. Even though I never can complete my to-do list, I must never let this one to-do slip, my walk with Jesus. Technology supports my spiritual disciplines as I use my Mac, iPad, and iPhone in tandem. I just purchased a great app that helps me journal more consistently.
Journaling, a classic spiritual discipline, keeps me spiritually sharp in these ways.
- I can record what God is doing in my life.
- I can cut and past key scriptures from my bible app, Olivetree.
- I can process my frustrations and get them off my mind.
- I can look back over the past to see good or bad trends in my life.
- I am leaving a record of my life should my kids and their kids and their kids’s kids want to read about me when I’m gone.
The new app I use is DayOne. I’ve used several journaling apps before and this one tops the list for these reasons.
- It’s available on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone and it syncs via DropBox (or iCloud).
- Because it’s on all three, I can add to that day’s journal at any time (I’m never without either my iPhone or iPad).
- It’s simple and intuitive.
- It provides a calendar so I can see what days I journaled (and the days I skipped).
- It allows me star an entry that I want to stand out.
Check out the tool and see if it helps you.
Also, do you recommend any apps that have helped your walk with Christ?