These mistakes have contributed to my poor selections.
- Not pursuing the yellow flags that nagged at the back of my mind.
- Refusing to REALLY ask other key influencers what they REALLY thought.
- Thinking I could fix the hire’s glaring deficiencies over time.
- Rushing the process.
- Letting my emotional attachment to the potential hire overshadow thoughtful reflection.
- Being too nice in the process (that doesn’t mean that I didn’t treat the potential hires with respect).
- Not praying enough.
- Not listening to my gut.
What hiring mistakes have you made?