Mornings are the most crucial part of our day. And how we begin them sets the tone for the rest of the day. Insightful leaders understand this truth and mentally prepare themselves when they get up. Drew Canole, founder of fitlife.tv says, “How you start your day is how you start your life.”
Consider asking yourself these 7 questions within the first 10 minutes of your morning.
- If I could only get one thing done today, what would it be?
- Have I set aside quiet time with God to pray, reflect, and read His Word?
- Is there any unconfessed sin in my life that I should confess?
- Are there any relational issues with others that need rectifying?
- Am I eating a healthy breakfast with plenty of protein and healthy carbs?
- Am I focusing on the positive, good things in life and ministry or do my thoughts immediately turn negative?
- Do I have a consistent routine like getting up at the same time, eating at the same time, taking a shower at the same time, etc. or is each morning dramatically different?
What we do first thing in the morning will dramatically affect the rest of your day. The Psalmist offers great advice with these words.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. (Ps 143.8, NIV)
How do you prepare for your morning?