We often read posts about ways we can grow our churches. But seldom do we read about ways that DON’T grow our churches. Consider these 10 ways NOT to grow a church.
How not to grow a church.
- Never say, “No.”
- Please everybody.
- Don’t take a vacation.
- Strategize first, pray later.
- Act like you have it all together.
- Try to figure out what others are saying about you.
- Secretly criticize churches that are growing faster than yours.
- Try to make each service bigger and better than the previous week’s service.
- Immediately implement the techniques you just learned from a church growth conference.
- Disregard, marginalize, or forget the 9 ways above.
What would you add to this list?