Integrity is taking a beating today.
- 20 baseball players potentially being suspended for doping
- Lance Armstrong being striped of all his awards for lying
- The IRS apparently misusing its power
- The Justice Department being accused of lying
- Identity theft occurring to 1 out of 10 people
We live in a world where self-interest seems to trump character and integrity. And, pastors and ministry leaders aren’t immune to the temptation to spin, cut corners, or compromise.
Yet, the One whom we serve lived a life of integrity and He expects us to do the same in His power. Teacher, we know you have integrity… (Matt 22.16, The Message)
I’ve listed 8 benefits of integrity below.
- It protects us. (?May integrity and uprightness protect me because my hope is in you. Ps 25.21)
- It gives us confidence. (The man of integrity walks securely. Prov 10.9)
- It helps us make better decisions. (?The integrity of the upright guides them. Prov 11.3)
- It reflects well on the Lord. (I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. 1Chr. 29.17 )
- It sets you apart from others. (these four come from John Maxwell)
- It creates trust in others.
- It gives staying power.
- It extends influence.
What quality would you add to this list?
“I just learned 8 benefits integrity brings to your life and leadership.” (Tweet this quote by clicking here.)