I recently read a great article by Brad Powell on the 7 C’s of great ministry leaders. I’ve heard of the three C’s before, but his 7 captured the essence of great leaders. Here are his 7 C’s.
- Calling: we must have a sense of God’s call where we currently serve
- Character: perhaps the most important, there is no substitute for integrity and a pure heart
- Competence: we need the right gifts and abilities to match the needs in our ministry
- Confidence: our confidence in the Lord gives us what we need to lead without hesitation
- Courage: we must be willing to take unpopular stands sometimes and remind ourselves that we play to an audience of One
- Commitment: if we are going to last for the long haul we must be ‘all in’
- Continuous growth: a good leader must constantly be learning and growing
What C’s for great leaders would you add (or any other qualities that don’t begin with C)?