“Charles has a unique mix of practical leadership skills and experience, as well as being a man of wise discernment and a strategic thinker. I can’t imagine a ministry situation for which he wouldn’t be able to provide the very best counsel and advice.” —Ken Rucker, pastor
When leaders stop learning and growing, they stop leading and get stuck.
View this short video from Charles about ‘stuckness’
Who is Helping You Get Unstuck?
Who is helping you get unstuck? It may be a trusted friend within your ministry, a peer outside your organization, or a mentor you’ve known for years.
For many leaders, however, no one fills this void. If you fall into the latter category but recognize the need for an outside voice with fresh eyes to spur your personal development, consider a coaching relationship to help you see your way out.
Coaching is a customizable process whereby I talk with a pastor via phone two to four times a month to help him grow in the area where he feels stuck. Coaching is not counseling. Rather it’s a ‘coming alongside’ to help a pastor move forward.
How do you know if you are ready for coaching?
Read the seven statements below and ask yourself with how many you agree.
- I am ready to clarify my personal mission, purpose, and vision as well as my personal and/or ministry goals.
- I am ready to be completely honest with myself about where I am now and where I want to go from here in life or in ministry.
- I am ready to move forward into a new season of life, making whatever healthy changes are necessary to bear more fruit.
- I am ready to do what it takes to learn and grow and/or facilitate the ongoing equipping of others.
- I am ready to make intentional choices that are in line with my core values, strengths, and temperament.
- I am ready to invest time, energy, and financial resources as needed to follow through on my commitments and reach my goals.
- I am ready to hear from God in the coaching process and to act on His leadings.
If you can say ‘yes’ to most of these statements, you may be ready for coaching. Click here to learn more about me and StoneWell Ministries.