Bill George, Harvard Business School Professor and best selling author thinks self awareness or the lack thereof is a key to why leaders succeed or not. When he did research for his book True North he interviewed 125 authentic leaders. These leaders revealed that self-awareness defined the essence of great leadership. You can read his article here. Read the follow 10 questions and rate your self-awareness.
- Am I aware of my strengths and gifts?
- Am I aware of where satan trips me up the most?
- Am I aware of my internal mind chatter that drains me?
- Am I aware of how I come across to others?
- Am I aware of unhealthy relational patterns I bring from my family of origin?
- Am I aware of how much God loves me, despite my faults?
- Am I aware of how much God loves those who give me fits?
- Am I aware of when circumstances are setting me up for a fall?
- Am I aware of my deepest longings and dreams?
- Am I aware of my blind spots?
Honestly answer all 10 questions.
Did any area of unawareness jump out at you?
If so, what should be your next step?